My kids are a huge fan of fish sticks but I refuse to give them the prepackaged ones in the freezer section of the market. I decided that I needed to come up with a clean eating version that my kids love and that I am happy to let them eat. I will make a big batch and freeze the leftovers. Super easy midweek quick meal.
Instead of serving with catsup I suggest serving with marinara sauce for dipping or my homemade ranch dressing. (refer to the condiments section of the website for marinara and ranch recipes)
To freeze let fish sticks cool completely then wrap in wax paper and place in a freezer bag. To reheat, place in a 400’ oven on a wire rack and heat through. About 10-12 minutes.
- 6 cod or tilapia fillets cut into strips
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- For the Fish Sticks:
- Preheat the oven to 450’.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Brush wire rack with olive oil.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl whip together yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and egg whites. Submerge fish into yogurt mixture.
- Let sit for 20 minutes to marinate. (If you want a little spice you can add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce.)
- In a pie plate mix together parmesan, parsley, and breadcrumbs.
- When fish is done marinating roll in bread crumb mixture and place on an olive oil brushed wire rack on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes turning once.
- If you have a convection oven, cook on convection 400’ for 10-12 minutes.