Italian Ravioli Spinach Soup
- 1 tbsp each butter and EVOO
- 5 sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 jar(14.75oz) marinated artichoke, chopped
- 1 tbsp marinated artichoke juice
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 tsp crushed Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen California vegetables(broccoli,cauliflower,carrots)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups whole wheat cheese/spinach ravioli
- Heat butter and EVOO in a large soup pot.
- Add sausage, onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cover and cook 5 minutes until onion soft and sausage steaming.
- Add artichokes and 1 tbsp juice, cover reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until sausage is mostly cooked through.
- Remove sausage from pan and slice into 1 inch chunks and return to pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT ravioli, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered for 20-30 minutes or until sausage is cooked thoroughly.
- Add Ravioli and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with warm crusty sourdough bread.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin