Mexican Chicken Crunch Salad
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I saw in Fitness Magazine. I tweaked it for a cleaner choice.
- 2-3 corn tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno (seeds and veins removed for less heat if desired), minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 pound shredded cabbage, purple and green
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange, peeled, quartered and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled queso fresco or ricotta salata
- For crunchy strips: Lightly coat the tortillas with olive oil on both sides; lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Place under the broiler or in a toaster oven and cook, watching closely and turning once, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer tortillas to a cutting board and slice into thin strips; let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, 3 tbsp cilantro, red onion, jalapeño and remaining salt.
- Add the chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, orange and toss well.
- Top with the cilantro, avocado and cheese.
- Garnish with crisped tortilla strips!
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin