Rotini Vegetable Lasagna Bake
This is a lasagna type recipe minus all the labor intensive lasagna layering!
- 1/2lb lean ground turkey
- 1 med. onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce(15oz)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained(14.5oz)
- 1 can tomato paste
- 8oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pkg (16oz) whole wheat rotini pasta
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook Rotini per package directions, drain and set aside.
- In large skillet add olive oil, ground turkey, onion, and garlic.
- Cook until meat is browned.
- Add bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini, artichokes.
- Cook 5-10min until veggies are tender.
- Add in tomato sauce, tomatoes, paste, agave syrup, salt and pepper and ricotta cheese, Mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer until heated through and veggies are cooked the rest of the way. Stir in Rotini noodles and coat with sauce.
- Pour half of the mixture in a 13x9 casserole dish and cover with half of the cheeses.
- Add remaining pasta mixture and cover with remainder of cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden brown.