This is also excellent spooned over grilled chicken or fish or tossed with you favorite pasta.
This is an excellent healthy and fresh appetizer to bring to a party!
- 1 baguette of french bread, cut into thin slices
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 roma tomatoes,seeded and diced
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Lay cut slices of bread out on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Brush with olive oil, reserving 3 tbsp for the bruschetta tomato mix.
- Bake in the oven 5-8min until bread is crispy.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients minus the feta in a large glass bowl.
- Cover and let sit for at least one hour before serving.
- The longer it marinates together the better the flavor.
- If time allows and you are able to plan ahead it is great to let it marinate overnight.
- When ready to serve, spoon tomato mixture in heaping spoonfuls on toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin