Mississippi Chocolate Chunk Cookies
One of my favorite home made chocolate cookie recipes with a clean eating spin!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsals (Tollhouse or Giradellie Brand)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 large free range, organic eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350’ and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Microwave semi-sweet morsels on high 1-2 minutes until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds, Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to mixer.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Beat in vanilla, and melted chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended.
- Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of mixing bowl.
- Fold in pecans and milk chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Make sure you get a pecan in every cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cookie will be soft on top.
- Let set on pan for 1 minute then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Let cool about 20-30 min then add to ziplock bag to keep cookies soft.
- Don’t over cool on rack or cookies will get hard.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin