Summer Vegetable Pesto Chicken Pasta
This meal can be served hot or cold. This is an excellent pasta salad for a BBQ or picnic.
You can omit chicken for a vegetarian option or add salmon to get your fish.
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh organic green beans
- 1 cup organic mini bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup pesto
- sea salt/ black pepper to taste
- 1 box whole wheat Rozini pasta, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, shaved for garnish
- Cook pasta as directed until al dente, drain and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large saute pan add 2 tbsp olive oil and chicken.
- Cook chicken until browned.
- Add in green beans, bell pepper, and onion.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until veggies are translucent. (If you like your green beans soft I suggest boiling for 5 minutes before adding to the saute pan).
- Add in pesto and toss to coat veggies and chicken.
- Add in noodles and tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Add to large pasta bowl and garnish with tomatoes, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin