Salsa Verde Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas with Feta and Sharp Cheddar cheese!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 can (28oz) Salsa Verde Enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (15.5oz) black beans, drained
- 1/2c red onion, diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350’.
- Coat the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish with a little of the green enchilada sauce.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add shredded chicken, green chilies, black beans, onion, 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Stir to coat the chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the sharp and mozzarella cheese.
- Now begin the layering process:
- 1st layer-4 corn tortillas, 1/3 of the shredded chicken mixture, 1/3 of the cheese mix, and 1/3 of the feta cheese.
- 2nd layer- 4 corn tortillas, green enchilada sauce to coat the tortillas, chicken mixture, cheese mixture, and then feta.
- 3rd layer- repeat layer #2 ending with feta cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- (I put a little more enchilada sauce on the 3rd layer to keep the casserole moist.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350’ until casserole is bubbly and cheese is browned.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes to set before serving.
- Serve with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.