Linguine with Sweet Italian Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce
- 3 Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage Links
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1 can (150z) tomato sauce
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 3 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- 4oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 package linguine, cooked as directed
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and italian sausage links. Once links are cooking add 1/4c water, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Remove from pan and slice. Drain pan and return sliced sausage to pan.
- Add in mushrooms, zucchini, and onion.
- Saute until veggies are tender.
- Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and pesto, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat to low and add in 4oz cream cheese.
- Stir to incorporate cream cheese into the sauce.
- Add remaining seasonings, cover and cook on low 15-20minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked add to tomato sauce, stir to coat and simmer 5 minutes before serving.