Pineapple Carrot Cake Bars
This recipe is inspired by a recipe I found in fitness magazine. I have tweaked it to make it a cleaner choice. It is soooooo good!
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic egg whites, slightly beaten (6-8 eggs depending on size)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 8 oz neufchatel cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Preheat oven to 350’ Coat a 15x10in pan with cooking spray, Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flours, brown sugar, cane sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, applesauce, and oil.
- Gradually stir into flour mixture.
- In a food processor add carrots and pineapple.
- Blend until mostly chopped and combined.
- Fold carrot mixture and coconut (Omit coconut is you are not a fan) into batter.
- Spread batter into pan and bake 25-30min until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl beat together cheese and powdered sugar until whipped and smooth.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin