Southern Crab Cakes
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp spicy dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp whole grain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges
- In a large bowl combine crabmeat, egg, scallions, sour cream, mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne. Add enough breadcrumbs to bind the mixture so they can be formed into cakes.
- Refrigerate the mixture until ready to cook.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Heat until oil shimmers.
- Shape crab into 7-8 (1in thick) cakes.
- Add formed cakes to heated oil and drop heat to medium.
- Cook cakes turning once until golden brown. Approx. 5 minutes per side.
- When cooked remove from heat and top with fresh squeezed lemon