Candied Pecan Upside Down Pumpkin Muffins
This recipe was inspired by a yummy Southern Living recipe titled Sticky-Bun Pumpkin Muffins. While I loved their recipe it needed a little “cleaning” to fit our lifestyle.
- 2 cups pecan halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 T. Real Maple Syrup
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated organic cane sugar
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (15oz) can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large organic free range eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Bake pecans in a single layer on a baking dish 8-10 minutes until toasted.
- Lightly grease 2-12 cup muffin pans and set aside. (Do not use paper baking cups)
- Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon full of butter mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans, Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flours, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Once combined form a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a large glass bowl whip together pumpkin, canola oil, eggs, and water.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened, do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups prepped with candied pecans, Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350’ for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, Invert pan IMMEDIATELY to remove muffins (they will be stuck if not done immediately).
- Arrange on wire rack prepped with a little cooking spray to prevent sticking.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin