This is a great clean, homemade cheese sauce to use across the board. Excellent on pasta, rice, or steamed veggies.
- 2 T. Unsalted Butter
- 2 T. Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter.
- Add wheat flour to melted butter, whisk to form paste.
- Whisk in milk, bring to slow boil , whisking continuously.
- Whisk in spices.
- When milk is thickened remove from heat and stir in grated cheese.
- Let stand 5 minutes before adding to your dish.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin