Inspired by a recipe from www.thekitchn.com. I switched from espresso to regular coffee and substituted organic sugar and my homemade whip cream.
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered cocoa - run it through a sifter or fine wire strainer to remove lumps
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk
- a dollop of fresh whip cream
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, stir together the water and sugar, bringing to a rolling boill, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to a low, add the peppermint extract, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large mug add the cocoa and water and mix together until a creamy paste forms.
- Add the coffee, 1 1/2 teaspoon of the peppermint simple syrup, and stir to mix.
- Top the mug off with the hot milk and stir.
- Top with fresh whip cream and cinnamon.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin