Southern Corn Bread Stuffing
- Prepared corn bread, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 5 organic cage free eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the celery and onion and cook until transparent, approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over cornbread mixture.
- Add the stock, mix well, add sage, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9in casserole dish and bake until cooked through, about 35-45 minutes
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin