So many recipes call for instant vanilla pudding. Instant pudding is filled with unnecessary ingredients. I wanted to give you a no fail recipe for a family favorite. You can make your own pudding from scratch!
- 2 cups milk (Whole milk works best)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (Your Thickener)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter
- Place large glass bowl or serving dishes in the refrigerator.
- Place sugar, cornstarch, and salt into a medium saucepan.
- Add 2 cups cold milk to the pan and whisk until dry ingredients dissolve.
- Now add the heat, Heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form at the edges,DO NOT Boil.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into a large chilled glass bowl or serving dishes.
- Allow pudding to sit and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin