Forget Pizza, serve this kick ass chili for Superbowl Sunday!!! Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese and green onions.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup Serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2lb ground turkey
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 11/2 cans kidney beans (1 can undrained, 1/2 can drained)
- 2 cans pinto beans (1 can undrained, 1 can drained)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 (14.5oz)can tomato sauce
- 2 T. Stubbs original BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil and butter to a large soup pot.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, squash, Serrano, saute until tender.
- Add in ground turkey, green chilies, cook until turkey browned.
- Add in remaining ingredients, bring to a slow boil, cover reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 30-45 minutes until flavors meld and sauce thickens.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin