Chicken Noodle Soup
Warm, hearty chicken noodle soup. The larger the chunks of chicken and vegetables, the heartier the soup.
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and add oil.
- Cook onion and celery until just tender, 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken and vegetable broths, chunked chicken, carrots, basil, oregano, bay leaf, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add in egg noodles and cook an additional 10 minutes. (If cooking soup in the crock pot add noodles 20 minutes before serving)
- Remove Bay leaf before serving.