If you like your dish without the “spice” omit the crushed red pepper. If you like your dish really spicy just add a little more!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 c sliced fresh okra
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp dried italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large beef steak tomato,chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Whole wheat Penne pasta, cooked to package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place olive oil in large skillet, add sausage, bell peppers, zucchini, okra, onion, saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add in seasonings and tomatoes.
- Stir in balsamic and vegetable broth, cover and simmer on low 20 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and top with parmesan cheese.