Whole Wheat Banana Pecan Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 T. granulated cane sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecan, coarsely chopped (Toast in a skillet on low until oils released)
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredient. Stir, but do not over stir, batter will be lumpy.
- Gently fold in mashed bananas and half of the pecans.
- Cook pancakes on griddle heated to 400. Flip when pancakes are bubbly on top.
- To serve top with real maple syrup, sliced bananas, and pecans.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin