My spin on Italian Wedding Soup!! I love a white bean and Cannellini is one of my favorites.
Cannellini beans have twice as much Iron as beef and no saturated fat!!!
Cannellini Bean Italian Wedding Soup
- 6 links chicken Italian sausage,browned and sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cans (15oz) Cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
In a large stock pot add butter, olive oil, and onions. Cook until onions caramelized. Add Italian sausage and frozen spinach to pan. Saute until spinach cooked. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low 35-45 minutes. Serve with crusty sourdough bread and Parmesan cheese.