Pink Grapefruit Cupcakes (48 mini cupcakes)
Many of you know that I am a huge fan of cupcakes. To me there is nothing better then an ity bitty cake all to myself! I am not afraid to admit that I am one of the first ones at a birthday party to raid the cupcake tower. This month in Health Magazine they posted a super yummy recipe for pink grapefruit cupcakes. Since I am a firm believer that in order to live our healthiest life we must eat clean, I believe that treats and snacks should be homemade. In our home we eat delicious desserts and treats but they are made in my kitchen. This is a special treat recipe that I had to share with you!
- 2 cups all purpose four
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4c unsalted butter
- 1 1/3c granulated sugar (I used cane sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp pink grapefruit zest
- 1(8oz) block cream cheese, chilled
- 4c powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pink grapefruit zest and 2tsp pink grapefruit juice
- Preheat oven to 350*
- To make cupcakes, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture and combine.
- Repeat with remaining flour mixture.
- Add yogurt and vanilla; blend at low speed.
- Blend in zest.
- Scoop dough into 48 mini baking cups (2/3 full).
- Bake about 10min till tops spring back.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- To make frosting, place cream cheese in medium bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, grapefruit zest, and juice; beat until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin