Chili Verde is in my top five favorite things to eat. After trying a few different recipes I have come up with one that is easy and super tasty.
- 3 pound boneless, lean pork roast
- 2 4oz cans chili verde green sauce
- 1 6oz cans diced green chilies
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tbsp cornstarch(3-4tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Add pork to crock pot and cover with all ingredients except cornstarch and sour cream.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- When ready to serve, pork will shred very easily.
- Remove pork from the crock pot and shred into a large skillet, spoon out veggies and add to skillet.
- Turn skillet to medium.
- In a separate sauce pan pour liquid from crock pot.
- Dissolve 2 T. of cornstarch in 3-4 T. of water to make a thickening paste.
- Add to sauce and whisk continuously for 5 minutes or until thickens.
- Add in sour cream and stir well.
- Spoon thickened verde sauce into pork in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or in warmed corn tortillas with cheese and fresh tomatoes.