Anyone that knows me knows that I love a trifle dessert. The idea of layers of goodness seems like perfection to me. Thought I would share one of my favorite sunny weather trifle’s with you. If you are looking for a sweeter dessert I suggest using homemade custard instead of yogurt and adding a little cubed pound cake.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled and sliced in half
- 3 cups grapes, seedless
- 2 cups cantaloupe chunks
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, chunked
- 4 cups plain greek yogurt, stirred well so it is smooth
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 container whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix all fruit together and set aside.
- Mix yogurt with honey and sugar,stir well and set aside.
- In a mixer add whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Whip until soft peak form.
- Stir 1 cup of whipped cream in to the yogurt mixture.
- In a trifle dish or large glass bowl layer fruit, yogurt mixture, and whipped cream.
- When layering the whip cream you only need a thin layer over the yogurt.
- Make sure to end with whipped cream layer, garnish with pecans (You can garnish with mini chocolate chips too!).
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.