Shredded Chicken BBQ Sandwich with Coleslaw
Sometimes I am not in the mood for shredded beef or pulled pork so thats when I change things up with chicken!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle Stubb’s original BBQ sauce
- 100% whole wheat buns
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded broccoli salad
- 1 cup Daisy sour cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Lawrey’s seasoning salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Bring water to boil in a large stock pot.
- Add chicken breasts to boiling water and boil 30-40 min until chicken is cooked and shreds easily.
- While chicken is cooking.
- In a small glass bowl add sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, and parsley flakes.
- Whip together until mixed well. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once chicken is cooked and shredded add 1 cup Stubb’s BBQ sauce, mix well to coat shredded chicken.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add cabbage and broccoli salad, toss.
- Add sour cream dressing and mix well to coat the cabbage.
- Layer whole wheat buns with a little more BBQ sauce, shredded BBQ chicken, and coleslaw. Serve immediately.