Chips and salsa is one of my favorite snacks. I like to find ways to mix it up a bit. I try different tomatoes, add-ins and dipping treats. This is my spin on salsa, mediterranean style.
- 4 organic roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (4oz) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 T. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 avocados, seeded and chopped
- 1 pkg whole wheat pita bread
- 2 T. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cut pita bread into chip size triangles and brush with olive oil.
- Place pita triangles in the oven and bake until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, feta, parsley, red vinegar, evoo, oregano, and salt.
- Stir to mix well and coat tomatoes with evoo and red wine vinegar.
- Gently stir in avocado just before serving.