We call this our Holiday granola in our house. It makes the house smell like Christmas morning. Serve with your yogurt or just eat it by itself. YUMMY!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 T. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 325'
- Combine first 5 ingredients to a small sauce pan on low, bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, and stir well.
- In a large bowl mix next 5 ingredients.
- Add butter/honey mixture to oat mixture and stir well to coat.
- Spred coated mixture on a lightly greased cookie sheet with edge and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, stirring half way through, Granola will be browned and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and spread on a clean cool cookie sheet for cooling.