Celery Root Mashed Potatoes
A low fat tasty substitute to traditional mashed potatoes. Inspired by Chef Michel Nischan
- 4 cups low fat milk
- 3 cups water
- 3 pounds celery root, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes(use a vegetable peeler to peel around the root 3x to remove ﬁbrous skin)
- 2 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring milk, water and chopped celery root to a simmer in a large sauce pan.
- Reduce heat to maintain simmer and cook until tender, 30min.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid, drain.
- Puree cooked celery root, butter, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth and consistency of thinned mashed potatoes (If you like it chunkier you can mash by hand).
- Add reserved cooking liquid as needed to desired consistency.