To Die For Pumpkin Pie!
Recipe: Queen of Deliciousness: Mrs. Paula Dean, Photo Courtesy: Countyliving.com- Love, Love, Love Them!!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1 piece pre-made pie dough
- Fresh Whip Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan and press down along the bottom and all sides.
- Pinch and crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern.
- Put the pie shell back into the freezer for 1 hour to ﬁrm up.
- Fit a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell completely.
- Fill the shell up to the edges with pie weights or dried beans (about 2 pounds) and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and pie weights and bake for another 10 minutes or until the crust is dried out and beginning to color.
- For the ﬁlling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer.
- Add the pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined. Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, if using, and beat until incorporated.
- Pour the ﬁlling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Cut into slices and top each piece with a generous amount of whipped cream