I am a tea girl! I have been posting coffee recipes for all my coffee lovers but wanted to get a fabulous tea recipe in for my fellow tea lovers. No need to buy that pre-made Chai anymore. This Chai is the bomb!!!
Tastes great hot or iced!
- 2 cups water
- 2 sticks cinnamon, broken
- Seeds from 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 bags black tea
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk (If avoiding Soy, milk + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Honey and cinnamon, if desired
- In a small sauce pan bring water, cinnamon, and crushed cardamom to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags and let steep 5 minutes.
- Strain tea and discard spices.
- Return tea mixture to saucepan; stir in soy milk or milk and vanilla.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Sweeten to taste with honey and cinnamon.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin