This is my personal spin on swiss steak and beef stroganoff. The recipe calls for 4 pork chops but recipe only requires one cup shredded pork. The additional shredded pork is perfect for a SECOND dinner in the week, pulled pork sandwiches.
Giving you two recipes in one!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup Stubs BBQ sauce
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup organic beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. corn starch
- 1/2c sour cream
- 3 cups egg noodles
- Place pork chops, bbq sauce, diced tomatoes, garlic and onion powder in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 6 hours or until pork shreds easily.
- When pork cooked, shred and set aside.
- Cook egg noodles as directed.
- In a large sauce pan add sauce and dripping from the crock pot, butter, broth, salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
- Whisk well until sauce is thickened, remove from heat and whisk in sour cream.
- Add about 1 cup shredded pork, mix well to coat.
- Stir sauce together with cooked egg noodles, serve.
When you make this at home the sauce will appear more pink and creamy in color because of the sour cream.