BBQ Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup stubbs original bbq sauce
- 2 T. molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 container crumbled goat cheese (4oz)
- RN for Wellness homemade ranch dressing
- In a large sauce pan add olive oil and chopped chicken, cook through.
- Season chicken while cooking with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- When chicken is cooked through add bbq sauce, molasses and stir to coat, cooking on medium.
- When chicken and sauce appears sticky add water, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, when done remove from heat and let cool before adding to the salad.
- Add lettuce, cabbage, onion, and goat cheese to a large salad bowl and toss well.
- In serving bowl add lettuce mix, avocado, chicken, and toss with homemade ranch dressing.