This a wonderful recipe I found in Southern Living Magazine. I tweaked it to include clean ingredients that are RN for Wellness approved!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup granulated organic cane sugar
- 3 large cage free eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Daisy sour cream
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1T and 1 tsp. Lemon zest
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 325’ prep 5 x 9 loaf pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a mixer whip butter, once whipped add in sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating until just blended.
- In a separate large bowl add flour, salt, and baking soda, toss with a fork.
- Slowly add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, ending with flour.
- Add in zucchini, lemon, and poppy seeds and stir gently.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 55 min-1 hour checking frequently towards the end of bake time to ensure done but not over cooked.
- Insert toothpick in center and when it comes out clean bread is done.
- Let cool on wire rack 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool an additional 30 minutes.