This is a delicious use for left over turkey! A cozy comfort food minus the normal cream soup calories. This is a family favorite!
If you are watching carbs, omit potatoes. If you want an even lower calorie soup you can omit the cream option.
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 4 T. Unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup red potatoes, chopped and skin on
- 3 T. flour
- 2 cups unsalted turkey broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup pot add olive oil and 1T. butter.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery; saute until tender.
- Add in peas, potatoes, turkey broth, cooked turkey, and all seasoning. Simmer on medium for 20 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan add 3T. butter, melt and whisk in 3T. flour, forming paste.
- Once paste is formed whisk in 2 cups milk, whisk to combine and thicken.
- Once thickened remove from heat and add to turkey soup in a slow steady stream.
- Stir to combine, turn heat to low and simmer 20 minutes.